Director of Development
The Stroke Comeback Center (SCC) is hiring its first full time Director of Development to provide leadership to build and grow the organization’s first development program. This position will assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in helping SCC to expand its mission. This position will oversee the implementation of the development fundraising plan to include securing major gifts, corporate donations, foundation grants, in-kind resources and volunteers. This is an exciting time as the organization opens a second office and makes plans for a third. The administrative office is in Vienna, VA and is expanding into Montgomery County, MD and Loudoun County VA. The services of the SCC are unique and not duplicated within the DC region. Be a part of an organization that is helping people to rebuild their lives after suffering a stroke or brain-related injury.
The SCC mission is to provide ongoing and personally meaningful programs within a supportive and peer-driven environment that is affordable for all stroke and brain trauma survivors, enabling them to achieve their maximum potential.
- Works closely with the Executive Director (ED) to implement an overall development plan including annual giving; special events, individual, corporate, civic and foundation support; workplace giving, and donor communications.
- Solicits and cultivates donors; writes direct mail solicitations; creates and implements a major gift strategy.
- Develops and maintains donor relations that result in increased giving.
- Works with ED and the Board’s Resource Development Committee to create the annual SCC fundraising plan; monitors progress toward fundraising goals.
- Promotes and sustains SCC by building the organization’s financial resources particularly in areas related to volunteer management, community engagement, event coordination and the communications plan.
- Ensures that development programs and systems are diversified, innovative and developed to meet identified needs and interests, always maintaining contacts with donors to stay aware of special needs.
- Researches potential foundation and corporate funding sources.
- Participates and coordinates meeting with existing and potential funders. Communicates effectively with funders by preparing the ED for funder meetings, keeping current and potential funders regularly informed about SCC efforts and accomplishments.
- Represent SCC at community events and speaking engagements.
- Support the Board of Directors towards building a culture of philanthropy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- At least five (5) years of a proven track record in building and maintaining a donor base with expertise in fundraising from multiple funding streams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience in tracking data in a relational database (CRM).
- Detail oriented and well-organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A team player with a passion to work collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen intently.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the following email address: HR@strokecomebackcenter.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. SCC is a 501©3 organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.