Welcome to the Stroke Comeback Center!
The Stroke Comeback Center is a community of survivors of stroke and other brain trauma committed to living successful and productive lives. It is a non-profit organization that offers support and help to take the journey along the slow road to better. Our members, our professionals, our volunteers, our coaches, and our families know that recovery continues forever. We are the only center of its kind in the Washington, DC area.
- Provides programs and classes for survivors with aphasia and other communication difficulties using a social approach
- Focuses on all aspects of recovery: speech, reading, writing and comprehension, cognition and fitness
- Uses interactive technologies tailored to each of our members
- Continues to provide affordable fees through donor-funded scholarships
- Has received national recognition for our accomplishments and innovation
- Believes that all survivors deserve the respect and the support needed to live successfully and participate fully in life